Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Alone time

Who ever thought that having kids would let you appreciate alone time so much?  Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with my kids but this precious time that I get to myself is so much more valued now than it was 7 years ago.  As soon as the kids go to bed I want to post a status update on Facebook - "Kids in bed - sweet serenity!"  Yes, I do value my quiet time where I'm not playing kids games or reading kids books, giving baths or making food and I think that's perfectly OK.  I get up early every weekend, as soon as my eyes open, to make a coffee, get onto the computer, make breakfast and mentally prepare for the day.  I get up early on weekdays too so I can shower, get my lunch and coffee ready, make pancake breakfasts, so that I'm ready to answer any challenges or requests the morning brings, and it helps to get the morning started off right.  Before I had kids I was craving more to do.  More interaction, more family.  And now that I have it I appreciate it so much and I've found ways of adjusting to having small amounts of alone time during the day.  Having kids has made me appreciate life so much more than I ever imagined.  What do you do with your alone time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers