Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sleep

I'd like to think that most mom's have had their challenges with getting their children to sleep.  Being a working mom, I struggle with putting the kids to bed early - so that they get 10-12 hours sleep, and letting them stay up late with me so I can see them for more than 3.5 hours a day.  My kids generally go to bed at 9 pm and I wake them up at 7 am...see?  10 hours sleep.  When they get 10 hours sleep I feel better about sending them off the next day to play and have fun at daycare especially since my 3 year old generally doesn't nap anymore (although most days she could use one).  Unfortunately my 3 year old doesn't understand the concept of 10 hours sleep, she only wants to hang with us.  And I know this is probably because she's 3, and she misses us during the day, and sometimes when you are overtired, it's hard to get to sleep and that being 3 means that you are learning new ways to manipulate people.  You see?  I get it.  But it doesn't change the fact that it's almost 10 pm, and I put her to bed an hour ago, and she's still bee bopping up there after kisses, songs, stories, a cup of milk and snuggles.  I take comfort in the fact that eventually she will crash.  And one night this week she will fall asleep at 6pm and I will eventually...win.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers