Saturday, January 16, 2010


I remember when my oldest daughter was a toddler and just learning to speak. I couldn't wait for her to learn to say Momma or Mommy. I wanted her to speak her needs to me, to say "Mommy, may I please have a cookie?" and I would say "Certainly my darling angel, here you go." Ahhh what a fantasy world I lived in - a world of diapers, bottles, nap times and maternity leave. So finally that wonderful day came and I remember my heart filling with joy at hearing her address me as her parent. With the second born I remember withing the same thing. But last night, I was overwhelmed with the word. At one point i thought I would count how many times "Mommy" was said but lost count at four because I was so distracted by their requests! I could easily guess that on any given evening between 5:30 and 8:30 pm, the word "Mommy" is said at least 30 times. At least. Before my youngest could talk, I asked my oldest daughter to call me "Your Highness" in stead of Mommy on some days where I was feeling especially saucy. Some days I tell them to ask Daddy but most of the time their requests fall onto me, the momma of two wonderful little girls who have learned the value of the word "Mommy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers