Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How clean would you like your house to be?


I don't want it to seem like I don't get out much - but I do have two kids - and quite honestly, when I'm at home, I'm cleaning. I don't enjoy cleaning, but it's one of those things you can do while also playing with your kids, watching tv or listening to the radio. So I guess I don't mind it but when I get home in the evening, in four hours I cram in lots of cleaning and preparing. It is the only thing I can do if I'm going to get any alone time a few times a week. Tonight I've emptied the garbage, cleaned out M's lunch bag, made dinner, emptied the dishwasher, loaded the dishwasher, run the dishwasher, wiped the counter, washed snowpants and mittens, bathed both children, made a game out of paper fish - an old fishing rod, string, paperclips and a magnet, and played video games. And bedtime is another story. So I've decided that I'm going to make the most of it and at least try to get to the gym a few times a week. Which leads me to wonder how clean I would like my house to be. More clean than I am fit? The dishes can wait.

1 comment:

  1. The cleaning is always going to be there, I think. It sort of amazes me how much time I can spend cleaning without my house ever being truly clean. So, honestly, I would choose going someplace and doing something over the futility of cleaning any day.

    ReplyDelete

Followers