Sunday, January 3, 2010


Happy New Year 2010!

It's almost hard to believe that 10 years ago we were worried about all the computers crashing and various other disasters and here we are - 2010! It's amazing when I think back to how much I've done in the last 9 years. We bought our house in 2000, got married in 2002, had a baby in 2003, had another baby in 2006, bought a mini-van, and I changed where I worked in January 2008.
There have been so many other things but those were the major ones. And here I sit today with a six year old and a three year old (who is currently fighting bed time at 9:47 pm!) and I think I may finally have some time and be organized enough to begin a new phase of my life. At 35 I feel like I'm entering middle age and I'm realizing there is so much I still want to do. I think it's also the beginning of a new year that has me motivated to start some new routines and a healthier lifestyle. Last year I created my own "bucket list" of things I want to achieve...before I'm too old too. I keep reminding myself that I can still learn new things even at 40..afterall...it's the new 20 doncha know. I want to write a book, learn to downhill ski, make exercise part of my daily routine, spend less, work less, visit another country, volunteer more in my community..so many things and so little time to myself. Do you have any New Years resolutions? Any new routines you want to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers