Monday, January 3, 2011

The journey begins

My weigh loss journey that is.  I have a goal and that is to be fit by fourty.  I have never been this heavy except for when I was 8 month pregnant.  I want to be in the same shape I was 50 pounds ago, three years ago, 1 year after having my second child.  I was doing yoga and pilates at least 3 times a week and walking 20 minutes a day.  After going back to a sedintary job and also trying to manage the lives of two little ones and their schedules, I've have had little time for myself.  The time I do have I spend on the couch or cleaning my house.  We do get out and enjoy activities together but it's not enough for my 30 something metabolism.  So tomorrow begins my journey as I've joined a program that gets me to the gym three times a week.  It feels really good.  And you know that book I'm reading?  It has been a great motivator for me.  And it advised to make your goals public so that you stick to them and so that you are accountable for them.  So here I am world wide web, make me accountable!  In 6 months I hope to drop at least 20 pounds and by next January be close to my goal.  Go me!  I'll post a "before" pic tomorrow as I'll be weighed, measured and ready to share more of the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers