Monday, June 28, 2010

Stress

I'm a working mom.  I could leave it at that.   

I was pondering today the amount of stress in my life.  It pales in comparison to when I commuted 2+ hours a day and worked 10 hours a day while having a child but it's still there.  I don't even realize I am until I lose my patience or start snapping at my husband.  If you look at the symptoms of stress, I have most of them and I didn't even realize that until I looked it up today.  I found this chart which gives all of the symptoms:  http://duniapsikologi.dagdigdug.com/files/2009/04/sept3_tgl_03908stres.jpg

Over the years I've developed a few strategies for dealing with stress that work wonders for me.  I take the kids down to the lake, I read a book, I treat myself to something, I clean the house, I bake, I eat something really healthy, I go for a little walk and sometimes I eat chocolate (although eating chocolate is the least effective as it's affects are only short term - approximately the lenght of time it takes me to eat it).  Doing these things don't take away the things that are making me stressed - but they do make me feel better.  Tonight I'm looking forward to reading a book and forgetting that my house is on the market, that I have bills to pay and that I have to get up so early tomorrow.  How do you deal with stress at home or at work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers